by Carolyn Garcia Wilson
Wedgewood Regional Sales Director
The holiday engagement is just around the corner! With that in mind: 1. Congratulations, lucky brides! 2. Wedgewood has the top 2011 wedding trends as you start to plan:
1. Changes in the “traditional” timeline – bride and groom being entered into the reception and going straight into their first dance together (instead of waiting to dance until after dinner)
2. Brides wearing color wedding shoes instead of the traditional white shoes
3. Jewels and other “significant” items in brides’ bouquets (i.e. a hummingbird floating atop the bride’s bouquet in honor of her late grandfather who loved watching hummingbirds drink from flowers outside his window).
4. Monograms; initials (crystallized) cake toppers
5. Lighting – uplighting, monograms/designs cast across the event space wall or dance floor
6. Animal fusion – feathers (peacock/ostrich) in décor/centerpieces/bouquets; animal (zebra) print incorporated into decor
8. Sashes and duel color bridesmaids dresses
9. One shoulder dresses and side chignon hair styles
10. “End of night” appetizers (Kobe beef sliders; french fries; cookies and milk; etc.)
11. Off-season wedding dates (January, March, April, November, December wedding dates)
12. Friday and Sunday (day and evening) weddings
13. The new 2011 color: Slate
Wedgewood can talk to you about incorporating any of these into your wedding at one of our locations! Any other trends that you think could be big in 2011???